Sewaholic Outfit

All this week I have been working with another teacher to introduce fifth grade students to Shakespeare’s Hamlet. The students read a Shakespeare biography and a children’s version of Hamlet, then they wrote screenplays inspired by the play, filmed, and edited videos. Today their parents came to the screening of their ‘movies’. It was a great week, but left little time for blogging!

Last week I finished my Sewaholic Thurlow trousers and am quite happy with them. I noticed, however, in the photos today that the welt pocket lining leaves a line across my rear end, so for future pairs I will get thicker main fabric. I was also thinking about trying some patch pockets on the back next time, too.  I added my new personalized sewing tags from MommieMadeIt, and felt like a real seamstress.

Today I finished a Sewaholic Pendrell blouse in a sand colored knit from Girl Charlee. I am also very happy with this top, as I have many things that I can wear it with. It was easy to sew, but has a little drama. I just realized that my next project is another Sewaholic Cambie, I am definitely on a Sewaholic roll. Happy sewing.

 

001 002 003 004

Advertisements

Work in Progress Wednesday – Thurlow Trousers

The Thurlow shorts are complete, but still considered a work in progress due to crotch fitting issues. According to the helpful information on  A Fashionable Stitch I need a longer crotch seam. These adjustments will be made to my pattern before I cut into my first ‘big girl’ fabric from Gorgeous Fabrics.  010

Work in Progress Wednesday – Thurlow Shorts from Sewaholic

Progress continues on the Sewaholic Thurlow shorts. These are a wearable muslin for my much needed work pants. It is too early to tell about fit yet, but I did sew my first welt pocket. I pretty much butchered the first one, but after looking at this tutorial from Oliver + S, I did a much better job on the next one. By the time I get to my real pants, I will be  pretty confident.

006

Sewing Saturday – Prep Work

It turns out that after a few years of weekly wear thrift store pants begin to get a little threadbare. So one of my current sewing missions is to make myself some new pants. I happen to need work pants, weekend adventure pants, and around the house pants.  Since I go to work 5 days a week, I am starting with work pants, specifically the Thurlow Trousers from Sewaholic. I am using some black and teal quilting cotton to make a wearable muslin of the shorts version. There are about a million pieces in a pair of shorts with pockets and a zipper, so today I have just been cutting.

My plan is to make a brown pair and a black pair for work, and then to move on to the Named Sara Leggings that I have already tested on scrap fabric.  These will be my weekend pants, for when I want to look cool. I will keep you posted of my pants project progress. Happy sewing! 007