(Almost) Finished Friday

My third version of the Cake Patterns Red Velvet Dress is really just a way to use up the scraps from my second Red Velvet and the Espresso Leggings that I made to go underneath. I have adjusted the bodice to my liking, but the band is still too wide and that makes the skirt part hit me at a weird, unflattering place on my waist. I meant to cut the waistband in half, but I forgot, so I need to rip, rip, rip and do it right.  I don’t have the heart to do it yet, maybe this weekend.  The petal collar in the feather print may be too whimsical, even for me. But, I am reserving judgement until the fit is correct. Happy sewing!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s