Today I am working on the Cambie Dress from Sewaholic. This has been a work in progress for a couple of months. I had to put it aside when I realized that I didn’t have a zipper. I have since acquired and installed said zipper. On the advice of a great seamstress from my church, I made the lining first and used it to check the fit. It seems like it fits well without any adjustments. This is great news for me, as I am not that skilled at adjusting patterns, yet.
I am using a lightweight quilting cotton batik from Homemade Quilts and More. I know, I know, quilting cotton is not good for garment sewing. But this was so beautiful and ON SALE! I love the Sewaholic pattern and have plans for a winter weight Cambie. I would also like to sew the Thorlow Trousers and the Renfrew Top. My sewing queue just gets longer and longer!
I have really taken my time and tried to do this correctly. A few years ago I was trying to sew something over the weekend, with mixed results. Now, I would like to go slower, making less things but of better quality. I am also learning lots of things along the way.