Leftover fabric and yarn just begs me to find another project, so I made the Truly Myrtle box bag. The tutorial called for heavyweight interfacing, but used this ‘sumo weight’ stuff that I already had from making an Amy Butler bag. It was really too stiff and heavy for this bag and therefore a nightmare to get under the presser foot. But, the bag turned out usable, if not beautiful. I would like to make this bag again with the proper interfacing. I also mixed up the pages and had to messily hand sew the handle on at the end. That is another error to rectify in version two!
Lastly, I made some pajama pants for my son. The fabric came from a flannel dress with a HUGE circle skirt that a coworker gave to me last year. I was able to use the original hems and I also salvaged the buttons for use on another project. The pattern I used is Easy McCall’s M4364. This was really a wearable muslin, but the fit was perfect. I plan on making some pajama shorts for him out of all those racing T-shirts that I have accumulated.